Things to Do in Dunsmuir & Northern California
Railroad Park Resort is located near all the best outdoor recreation in northern California. We’re also just two miles away from the lower Castle Crags section of the Pacific Crest Trail. There are so many things to do in Dunsmuir, CA and beyond. You’ll never be bored during your getaway. You’ll have a great time cooling off in the pool, relaxing in our hot tub, and participating in games on our recreation lawn. However, there’s much more to do beyond the resort.
Our property borders the scenic Castle Crags State Park where you can enjoy hiking trails and mountain views. We’re also near popular attractions such as hiking Mt. Shasta, fishing in the Sacramento River and touring the Shasta Caverns. You’re also just a short drive from must-visit northern California cities like Redding, McCloud, and Yreka. View our complete list of things to do in Dunsmuir, CA below to discover your next vacation.
Castle Crags State Park
- Just 3 miles south of Railroad Park. Hike the 5.5 round trip trail to Castle Dome.
Wagon Creek Bridge
- Must walk the Wagon Creek Bridge Over Mount Shasta Sikskiyou Lake Inet.
Black Butte Trailhead
- Black Butte Trailhead located 9 miles north of Railroad Park Resort on I-5.
Hedge Creek Falls
- Just minutes north of Railroad Park Resort is Hedge Creek falls, an easy hike and great views.
Sacramento River Vista Point
- Past Hedge Creek Falls is the Sacramento River Vista Point Platform, a must see!
- One of the many drinking fountains in Dunsmuir, “The Home of The Best Water on Earth”.
Bunny Trail Flats
- Just 8 miles from Mount Shasta lies Bunny Flat, great views of the Valley and Shasta.
- Beautiful Siskiyou Lake just 10 miles north of Railroad Park Resort.
Dunsmuir Botanical Gardens
- Beautifully maintained gardens with picnic table and access to the Sacramento River. A must see!